Saturday, March 26, 2016

When I Look at the Cross...

When I look at the cross... I see all shame taken away.
I no longer have to be ashamed of who I was. He doesn't see those sins anymore.
I also have no reason to feel ashamed of who I am now. If Christ could hang on a tree, vulnerable and uncomfortable, to save me, I can stand for him, regardless of the world around me.

When I look at the cross... I see selflessness.
Christ selflessly hung there, enduring my punishment. He didn't complain. He didn't argue with the governing officials. He asked The Father for another way, but he was still willing. He understood that The Father had a perfect plan. He withstood the pain, emotional and physical, for me.

When I look at the cross... I see inclusion.
Christ's arms are big enough to hold all different kinds of people. The beauty of the cross is that it covers the old, young, black, white, athletes, dancers, stutterers, addicts, convicts, pastors, disciples, disabled. Christ says, "Come just as you are; I did this for you."

Overall, When I look at the cross... I see unconditional love.
Radical. Unchanging. Unwavering. Selfless. Shameless. Inclusive. LOVE COVERS ALL.

Now, when I look at the cross on my necklace, I see so much more than just a symbol. I see a reminder that Christ can carry any burden that I have. Christ says, "Bring it to me, and leave it at my feet."

What do you see when you look at the cross?

No comments:

Post a Comment